Monday, September 14, 2009

The Love of a Vehicle



Today, I thought I would talk about my car, and the way I acquired it. I absolutely love my car, despite it being what most people would consider a piece of crap. The story all started in the beginning, the day I got my license.

when I first got my license, I used my moms car to get around when I wanted to go see friends, or work. The summer following brought a job that required a vehicle for everyday, so I asked my dad if I could borrow our minivan while
I needed it for the job. He was happy to help, and I had a vehicle that was (almost) all my own. I was the only person that ever drove it. Having a vehicle was the greatest, it gave me freedom to go where i wanted to go, and in style too. Sure, it was a minivan, but it also featured a TV, VCR, excellent sound system, and incredibly comfortable seats.

When the summer ended, and school was back in, sadness swept over me, as I knew I would have to give the van back. However, it was agreed that I could use it for the rest of the year in school, as long as I kept it in good condition, which of course, I always did.

Fall and winter came and went, and many great memories were made in the van involving good friends, and usually large amounts of fast food. In the following spring on my way home from school, the engine temperature light came on. Upon further inspection, I discovered a leak coming from underneath. The van became immobile, left derelict in the driveway. I was stuck taking the bus, getting rides to school from friends, and even from my mom sometimes. (How embarrassing)

A friend told me of this guy that he bought his car from, and said he could sell me a really nice car for cheap. Of course, I was thrilled to hear about all the details of it, and the special features, the sunroof, heated leather seats, Bose sound system, powerful engine, it had it all. The only downside was that this guy's shop was located in southern Manitoba just before the Floodway, and it was spring. That meant flooding and lots of it. I had to wait. I waited three weeks, and finally got the chance to head down to see my car, only to discover that the car my friend described was not even there! I looked around at what other cars there were, and decided on this sporty little red one, it was quick, comfortable, and, my favourite feature, had a standard transmission. (I always wanted to learn how to drive stick)

I took the car home, with not too much trouble, considering it was the first time I handled the manual transmission, and tried to practice whenever I could in the following days. Just two short days after bringing it home, I was obviously doing something wrong with my shifting, and blew up the clutch, causing that car to become immobile. I called the guy that sold it to me, and he said he could fix it, thankfully. the problem with that was I no longer had a vehicle, again, and had to drive the newly repaired van. All felt right in the world, I had my van, some more memories were made, life went on.

A call came one fine day, and my car was ready, again. I went down to pick it up, and this time did not make the same mistakes that led to my demise previously. Eventually The manual transmission became second nature to me, and I have never looked back.

that pretty much says it all, my new car is still running great, I drive it every day, and would never want to drive anything else.

2 comments:

  1. driven to school by your mom :O how ebmbarrassing.. lol jk jk thats hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional.

    It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it

    look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more

    articles and will be coming back soon.




    Vehicle Networking

    ReplyDelete