Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Mysterious Package

Rushing off to school at about 9 a.m. today, a knock came to my door. Flustered at who could potentially be making me a few seconds late for class, I (angrily) answered the door, signed for a couple of large boxes, and followed the delivery man out the door.

Fast forward about seven hours when I arrived home, and curiosity got the best of me. I opened the packages to discover a Bose Wave Music System, a small counter top CD player and alarm clock.

I have never thought Bose to be anything special, a very closed-minded view considering I have never actually heard one of these Bose stereos. However, because the unit's appearance is simplistic (boring), and because of the excessive marketing through infomercials and home shopping networks, I saw this as a shoddy item.

Of course, I had to try out the new stereo to prove or disprove my opposition to it. Popping in the sample CD that came with the system, I began to read the information pamphlet included with the CD. It directed to turn the volume up to 85, and sit back and listen for 15 minutes.

I was absolutely blown away. The brilliance of the sound quality, the deep bass, the distinct and undistorted highs, it was nothing short of spectacular, even at impressively high volume levels. The sample CD was loaded with excellent audio tests such as short classical compositions, fast-paced percussion, and a thunderstorm interpreted by instruments. It sounded as if the musicians were in the same room. I realize I'm starting to sound like the so called "real customers" featured in the infomercials, but they are right in this case, it is a pretty impressive system.

2 comments:

  1. So, what's the deal? Did someone in your house order this or was it a mystery gift from a stranger? :)

    I stayed at a hotel one night last year that had one of these Bose radio/clocks. They have fantastic sound irregardless of their size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my mom ordered it and didn't tell me. good thing it wasn't a gift :P

    ReplyDelete